13th Annual BUILA Conference 5th - 7th July 2017, University of Bath
We are delighted that once again the BUILA Annual Conference proved to be such a great success. We would like to give our thanks to the University of Bath for hosting us, to all our speakers, and sponsors and last, but most importantly, to our members who took time out of their busy schedules to come.
Under this year's theme ‘Breaking Borders’, we had an impressive line-up of speakers looking at:
- how our European counterparts want to interact with the UK post-Brexit
- how Norway & Switzerland are achieving success outside of the EU
- how to sustain and grow recruitment in established markets such as the USA, India & China, as well as looking at where the next emerging markets are such as Myanmar and the Philippines
- what innovations are happening in how universities connect with their global students
- how universities will be developing their Transnational Education provision in light of the current political restraints
- how online and blended learning can help in hard to reach markets
- what the latest developments are around legislation and government policy impacting on international student recruitment
- how to develop the sales, influencing and media skills needed in international work
It was brilliant to see so many Directors at our Directors’ Forum for a very packed agenda, and their feedback on a number of key issues impacting the sector will be used to inform our partners’ work going forward.
To access the presentations & photographs from the Conference please login to the members section.
BUILA Conference Team 2017
Nancy Cooke, Philippa Collins-Robson